- About Us
- Inspire Video
- Inspire Brag Sheet
- Staff Directory
- Contact Inspire
- Staff Contact List
- Faculty and Staff
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Inspire Handbook
- SIP list by student number
- Schoology App
- Associated Student Body (ASB)
- Driver's Ed Training Course
- Digital Media Arts Info
- Inspire Votes!
- Dress Code
- Tardy Policy
- AP and Honors Summer Assignments
- ISPE (Independent Study PE)
- Course Descriptions
- Program Majors
- Art Major
- Dance Major
- Digital Media Arts Major
- Engineering Major
- Humanities Major
- Instrumental Music Major
- Musical Theatre Major
- Recording Arts Major
- Science Major
- Technical Theatre Major
- Theatre Performance Major
- Vocal Music Major
- Calendars & Bell Schedules
- Counseling Office
- Counseling News & Information
- Advanced Placement Information
- Advanced Placement Sign-Ups and Fees
- Butte College Concurrent Enrollment
- Butte College Promise Scholarship Program
- Butte College Reg2Go
- Cash for College
- College Athletic Eligibility
- College Planning
- Financial Aid
- Hello College
- High School Scholars
- Scholarship Information
- Testing and Career Information
- Volunteer Connection
- Schedule Change Guidelines
- Counseling Staff
- Ticket links
- Past Events
- Dance Showcase
- Inspire Film Festival
- Instrumental Concert
- Spring Vocal Concert
- Spring Theatre Showcase
- Musical Theatre Showcase
- Monte Carlo Night
- GALA 2014
- Winter Concert 2014
- Little Shop of Horrors
- Run to Inspire
- Fall Music Concert
- Little Women
- Gala 2015
- Annie Get Your Gun Tickets
- Dance & Vocal Auditions
- Film Festival
- Visual Radiance Dance Showcase
- Prom 2k16
- Instrumental Music Concert
- Dodgeball Tournament
- Vocal Music Concert
- Theatre Showcase
- Incendio Release Party
- Musical Theatre Showcase 2016
- Sherlock Holmes: A Scandal in Bohemia
- Run to Inspire / Taste of Inspire 2016
- Dance & Choir Auditions
- Ticket Packages
- Every 15 Minutes
- 2016 Productions
- Inspire Production Team's GoFundMe!
- Inspire in the World
- Board of Directors
- Inspire Store
- Students can only have ONE cleared non-medical tardy per semester (code U – unexcused tardy, verified by parent/guardian)
This is a tardy that your parents can excuse for something non-medical (i.e. traffic, alarms didn’t go off, etc). Parents must call the office, come to the office, or send student with a note.
- ALL medical/legal tardies must have a doctor’s/court appointee’s note to be excused (code W)
This counts for doctors, dentist, psychologists, court date, etc.
- Bus lateness will still be documented (code U – verified, unexcused) and NO detention will be assigned.
- ALL other tardies require students to serve detention.
- 1 tardy = 1 detention
- Detention must be served within five (5) school days of being tardy.
- Detention is offered Monday through Thursday from 3:05-3:30 in IC5 (Art room).
- If students do not serve detention in the allotted time frame (5 school days), then students will be assigned Saturday School.
- In addition to serving detention – for every EIGHT (8) tardies (without a doctor’s note), a Saturday School will be assigned.
- If students are truant* to any class period Saturday School will be assigned.
- Students who fail to serve assigned Saturday School will receive further consequences from the school Principal or Assistant Principal.
*Summary of Definition of Truant: A student missing more than 30 minutes of instruction without an excuse three times during the school year must be classified as a truant and reported to the proper school authority.
Definition of Truant per California Education Code Section 48260 (a) A pupil subject to compulsory full-time education or to compulsory continuation education who is absent from school without a valid excuse three full days in one school year or tardy or absent for more than a 30-minute period during the school day without a valid excuse on three occasions in one school year, or any combination thereof, shall be classified as a truant and shall be reported to the attendance supervisor or to the superintendent of the school district.
Excused Absences Per California Educational Code Section 48205. (a) Notwithstanding Section 48200, a pupil shall be excused from school when the absence is:
(1) Due to his or her illness.
(2) Due to quarantine under the direction of a county or city health officer.
(3) For the purpose of having medical, dental, optometric, or chiropractic services rendered.
(4) For the purpose of attending the funeral services of a member of his or her immediate family, so long as the absence is not more than one day if the service is conducted in California and not more than three days if the service is conducted outside California.
(5) For the purpose of jury duty in the manner provided for by law.
(6) Due to the illness or medical appointment during school hours of a child of whom the pupil is the custodial parent.
(7) For justifiable personal reasons, including, but not limited to, an appearance in court, attendance at a funeral service, observance of a holiday or ceremony of his or her religion, attendance at religious retreats, attendance at an employment conference, or attendance at an educational conference on the legislative or judicial process offered by a nonprofit organization when the pupil's absence is requested in writing by the parent or guardian and approved by the principal or a designated representative pursuant to uniform standards established by the governing board.
(8) For the purpose of serving as a member of a precinct board for an election pursuant to Section 12302 of the Elections Code.
(9) For the purpose of spending time with a member of the pupil's immediate family, who is an active duty member of the uniformed services, as defined in Section 49701, and has been called to duty for, is on leave from, or has immediately returned from, deployment to a combat zone or combat support position. Absences granted pursuant to this paragraph shall be granted for a period of time to be determined at the discretion of the superintendent of the school district.
(b) A pupil absent from school under this section shall be allowed to complete all assignments and tests missed during the absence that can be reasonably provided and, upon satisfactory completion within a reasonable period of time, shall be given full credit therefor. The teacher of the class from which a pupil is absent shall determine which tests and assignments shall be reasonably equivalent to, but not necessarily identical to, the tests and assignments that the pupil missed during the absence.
(c) For purposes of this section, attendance at religious retreats shall not exceed four hours per semester.
(d) Absences pursuant to this section are deemed to be absences in computing average daily attendance and shall not generate state apportionment payments.
(e) "Immediate family," as used in this section, has the same meaning as set forth in Section 5194, except that references therein to "employee" shall be deemed to be references to "pupil."